SPS has an immediate opening for an animal care worker in a nursery and finisher barn near Wells, Minnesota.
Perform duties that are related to the daily care, nutrition and health for nursery, feeder and finishing pigs.
- Walk the pens to check animals, waters and feeders
- Identify sick pigs and treat
- Administer vaccines
- Check feed bin levels and order feed
- Manage ventilation system
- Receive, sort and size pigs
- Sorting and loading of market hogs
- Power wash barns
- Perform minor facility repair and maintenance tasks
- Monday – Friday and every other weekend and holiday
- Start time is 8:00 a.m. and end time varies
- Occasionally work schedule varies based on pig movement
- Utilize independent judgment – work with minimal supervision
- Must be reliable and dependable, self motivated
- Time management, organizing and prioritizing
- Excellent communication skills
- General mechanical abilities
- Physical requirements, climb bins, repetitive motion
- Previous livestock handling helpful
- Reliable transportation or valid driver’s license required
To apply download Job Application and follow instructions to submit.
Or call us to schedule an interview at 507-553-3338.
The .pdf job application is editable if opened with Adobe Acrobat DC. You can download the latest version here.
Step 1. Download Job Application
Step 2. Locate File on Computer
Step 3. Right Click on File, Open With and select ADOBE ACROBAT DC
Please submit digital application to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR mail copy to:
Strategic Pork Solutions LLC.
126 S Broadway
Wells, MN 56097-1628